Discover the science of the shore, have fun, and earn a scout badge exploring the habitats of Sandy Hook. The NJSGC is pleased to offer the following programs that combine the wonders of the sea with badge requirements.
Reserve your NJSGC Scout Program online.
- The staff of NJSGC will conduct all activities listed under each badge program requested. Please consult your Scout Handbook for complete descriptions and requirements of these badges.
- All programs last approximately 21/2 hours except the Boy Scout Oceanography Merit Badge which runs approximately 41/2 hours. Programs are available weekends and after school during the months of April, May, September, and October. Scheduling is flexible on weekends. However, programs can not start until 10:00 am and must end by 3:30 pm. After school programs run from 3:30 pm - 6:00 pm.
- During the months of June, July, and August programs are available during the week and scheduling is flexible, but can not start until 9:30 am and must end by 3:30 pm.
- NJSGC's scout programs are only available for a maximum of 60 scouts on weekends and after school. We may be able to provide programs for larger groups during the week in summer months or times during school vacations.
- Each program (except the Boy Scout Oceanography Merit Badge) is $150.00 per group (up to 20 scouts). The Boy Scout Oceanography Merit Badge is $175.00 per group (up to 20 scouts). **Each scout over 20 and up to 30 maximum per group is an additional $8.00 per scout.
- Troop leaders and adult chaperones may participate in scout programs at no cost, however they will be expected to be of assistance to our instructors.
- If your scout group is not interested in completing a badge but would still like to schedule a field trip to NJSGC at Sandy Hook, please contact us for further information.
Reserve your NJSGC Scout Program online or at (732) 872-1300.