Discover the science of the shore, have fun, and earn a scout badge exploring the habitats of Sandy Hook. The NJSGC is pleased to offer the following programs that combine the wonders of the sea with badge requirements.
Reserve your NJSGC Scout Program online.
- NJSGC instructors will conduct all activities listed under each badge program requested. Please consult your Scout Handbook for complete badge descriptions and requirements.
- All programs last approximately 2 hours except the Boy Scout Oceanography Merit Badge which runs approximately 4.5 hours. Programs are available weekends and after school during the months of April, May, September, and October. Scheduling is flexible on weekends, but programs cannot start until 10:00 am and must end by 3:30 pm. After school programs run from 3:30 pm - 6:00 pm.
- During the months of June, July, and August programs are available during the week and scheduling is flexible, but cannot start until 9:30 am and must end by 3:30 pm.
- NJSGC's scout programs are only available for a maximum of 50 scouts on weekends and after school. We may be able to provide programs for larger groups during the week in summer months or during school vacations.
- Each program (except the Boy Scout Oceanography Merit Badge) is $100.00 per group, and includes up to 12 participants and all program materials. The Boy Scout Oceanography Merit Badge is $175.00 per group (up to 20 scouts). Each additional scout (or non-scout participant) over 20 and up to a maximum of 30 per group is an additional cost of $8.50 per participant. All children in attendance must pay and will be considered participants.
- Troop leaders and adult chaperones may participate in scout programs at no cost. However, they will be expected to be of assistance to our instructors.
- The program is considered booked when the fee is paid in full. Specific program dates and times can be requested ahead of time, but that dates/time cannot be guaranteed until payment is received.
- All NJSGC programs take place rain or shine. However, programs may be cancelled due to insufficient enrolment. In the rare event that we must cancel an event, a refund will be issued. If you cannot attend a program, please notify us at least one week or more in advance, and we will either reschedule your program date or issue a refund. Cancellations or rescheduling requests received one week or less prior to the program date will be given credit at NJSGC. Credits are valid for one year.
- If your troop or den is under 12 scouts, considering booking a program with another scout group. Siblings and friends may also be invited to participate in NJSGC scout programs at the same rate.
- If your scout group would prefer to do a scout field trip program at NJSGC instead of completing a merit badge program, there are five field trip options available. Please check our website for a list of these programs with descriptions or contact us at 732-872-1300, ext 20, for further information.
To reserve your NJSGC Scout Program, call (732) 872-1300 ext. 20, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.